The majority of architectural design practices working on domestic and smaller conservation projects are sole practitioners. Due to the long term and unique nature of architectural projects and the vagaries of the planning system, as a sole practitioner it is often difficult to maintain a balance between a healthy flow of work and not getting periodically overworked.
We provide sub-contract architectural services to a number of sole other firms. We carry out the work as and when requested, simply submitting an all-inclusive itemised VAT invoice at the end of each month.
At Nicholas Vanburgh we can provide anything from an architectural technician service to full sub-contract project architect – we can:
- Assist with or carry out and draw up measured building surveys
- Prepare planning applications, Design and Access Statements, Architectural History Reports/historic building appraisals, Planning drawings (by hand or CAD).
- Construction and workshop details from planning drawings
- Write tailored, comprehensive but readable specifications and schedules of works.
- Schedule building elements, ironmongery sanitaryware, lighting, decorations etc.
- Oversee projects on site carrying out site visits, minutes, instructions and general contract administration.
Our experienced designers with practical construction experience, conservation specialists and designers with degree level structural engineering training provide comprehensive and buildable plans.
We have facilities for hand drawing, A1 colour printing, A1 black and white copying, CAD (2D) (Vectorworks 2009 – DWG and DXF compatible), Google Sketchup modelling, rectified and scaled photographic surveys, printing and comb-binding etc.
Rates/fixed price depends on the type of work, complexity and responsibility levels. Please contact us for more information.